Hi - Getting to Know Me!

INTRO:


I am a sophomore at HPU and I am studying event management with a minor in marketing.  I am originally from Brooklyn, New York but just moved to Apex, North Carolina last summer! I'm super excited to be in North Carolina and I'm looking forward to taking this class and creating blog posts.

ASSIGNMENT:

The 4 types of media and their demonstration in The Punchline 

1) Interviews: Many interviews were used to review someone's account of the situation and they tend to help support or further oppose points being made throughout the podcast. One example would be the interview with John Scott himself.
2) Voice-Overs: Narrations that are played over a set or scene, they offer further explanations of what is going on in the situation.
3) Natural Sounds:  Naturally occurring in the area that the story takes place.  An example of this would be sounds coming from the hockey game itself.  
4) Ambient Sounds:  Those that are added into the background.  The purpose of them is to enhance the senses of the audience and make them feel like they are back in the setting that the incident occurred.  In this case, trying to get listeners to envision themselves in the arena.  

Moment of Reflection:

I think in this instance the point of reflection was when John Scott was being interviewed.  He was portrayed in the interview as aggressive and ruthless but when he was interviewed, the audience gained some more insight to him and his background.  They learned that there's almost another side to him! 

Comments